Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Household chores. Including sex.

The lovely Mia Freedman over at MamaMia today shared a News Ltd report on reasons why women have sex, saying that for every woman expecting the earth to move, there are two with more practical motives.

It was Mia’s tweet that caught my eye: “Why do women have sex. You may be surprised”. I like surprises so headed on over to her site.
“... with 84 per cent admitting to having sex just to ensure a quiet life or to bargain for household chores. One woman said: "I have sex to relieve the boredom because it's easier than fighting. Plus it gives me something to do."

And I am surprised. Not at the reasons but that ONLY 84% said this had happened to them.

Not that I can say that I have ever had sex just for something to do – normally if I am bored and want something to do I eat too much crap, ready trashy magazines, have a bath, go for a walk, watch crap on TV or for fucks sake, even wax my fanny if I’m desperate.

But I TOTALLY get the ‘it’s easier than fighting’ gig.

Plus it’s the only 7 minutes that he is quiet. And even then he’s not completely quiet but at least I don’t have to listen to any of his stories. Not that he hasn’t tried...

And I LOVE the bargaining for chores idea! Our windows are filthy. Probably because we have lived here for 4 years and they have only been cleaned twice. But if S decided he’d clean them, well I’d fuck him for that.

Same with cleaning my car.

And cleaning the oven.

Oh God, the oven!

Crikey, there’s no stopping what I’d left him do if he cleaned the oven.

3 comments:

  1. I must be one of the only woman who wants sex more than I am getting it, LOL!!

    I hear you about the fucken stories though, I'm over stories after 10 and a half years. Especially ones about his childhood, STFU about it would you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Your post completely cracked me up! I can't say that I'm in the 84%, but then again, I'm single so maybe it's that sex isn't chasing me?

    Who knows.

    ReplyDelete