Friday, August 21, 2009

No ham, no more.

Wednesday used to be my favourite day of the week. Not just because it is hump day but because Riley used to order sushi for his school lunch on Wednesday’s.

You see, making Riley’s lunch is, I think, one of the worst jobs that come with being his mum. Thankfully I normally only have to do it 2-3 times a week depending on when he is at his dad’s. But on the days when it’s my turn, well let’s just say that the times when we have something left over from dinner the night before that I can chuck in his lunch box, are up there in terms of most satisfying moments of all time.

Actually, I think if S. thought about it he’d work out that left over days might correlate with when he gets satisfied too.

This term though Riley has decided he hates me, I mean sushi, and now I have to fossick around the kitchen looking for something to put in his lunch box that:
1).contains some nutritional value
2).is cool - he hated it that time I gave him a Blues Clues yoghurt but seriously, how was I meant to know they were for 3 year olds?
3).isn’t completely out of a packet, and,
4).isn’t an apple, because he hates apples even more than sushi.

And now to make things even worse some nerd in a laboratory has come up with the crap that kids shouldn’t be having ham or salami in their school lunches as it can give them cancer.

And they’re not allowed peanut butter either. I understand why but peanut butter has always been a good staple sandwich filler for when you’re out of ham so really, I’m completely fucked now aren’t I?

Clearly I don’t want my child to get cancer. And I don’t want his mates to have an allergic reaction to peanut butter (well, most of them anyway). But this is a major disaster.

Just ask S: Riley can’t get no ham but S. can’t get no satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog. Far out you are one funny lady. Your story on the lego men threesome had me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegemite sandwiches, those cream cheese dippy things with vegetable sticks - yeah I'm done!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete