Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby toys.

When I was recently pregnant I subscribed to email newsletters from one of the popular baby information websites. I never got around to unsubscribing so still get the newsletters every few weeks or so.

I usually just delete them without reading them but the headline of the latest one caught my eye. “Things you really want to know during your pregnancy but are too embarrassed to ask”.

Now, I’m not sure what I was expecting to read, maybe something like ‘is it true that most woman poo while giving birth?’ or ‘will my fanny shrink back to how it was?’ but even I was shocked by what was close to top of the list...

Can I use sex toys when I am pregnant?

Umm. Really?

When you’re pregnant, aren’t the only toys you think about ones that can’t be swallowed by a gummy mouth?

Or what kind of toy you can give your husband if he promises to leave you alone for the next 5 or 10 years?

Cos when I was pregnant with R, had I had a vibrator in my handbag, all I would have done with it was use it to hold up a donut shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment