Monday, July 6, 2009

Skinny chicks are being ripped off!

So yesterday BFF J treated me to a day of pampering – she really does put the B in BFF! We had a perfect day.

It began with coffee and almond croissants and a gossip about a mutual moron we know: the perfect mix of bitchiness and yummy treats.

Then we had an hour massage and an hour facial each. Bliss.

We followed the pampering with goats cheese risotto balls, fries and of course chocolates too. All that was missing was the champagne but we’re trying to watch our diet so we stuck with water.

But while lying naked in the massage room I thought about how skinny chicks get ripped off. I mean, a massage costs the same whether you are fat or thin and yet clearly fatties like me need more massage oil. Same goes with the moisturiser for the facial.

So then I got thinking about where else this happens:

• On the bus – my fat arse takes up much more room than a skinny one yet we pay the same price.

• Personal trainer – when she has to lift my leg up to stretch it, she should be paid danger money for the strain it’s putting on her back but instead she’s paid the same when she’s training someone trying to put on weight.

• Swimming pool entry – clearly you can only get so many fatties in the pool at once...mind you, how many fatties actually go swimming?

• Doctor’s visits – it takes way longer for the doctor to give me a once over.

• Chain store clothing manufacturers – a dress to cover me up should really cost more than one to fit my sister who is 4 sizes smaller than me. Granted it’s been years since we wore matching clothes (the broderie anglaise dresses from 1976 come to mind) but theoretically it could happen and when it does she shouldn’t have to pay the same as me.

I’m sure there’s more but it’s close to lunchtime and I can’t stop thinking about what I am going to eat.

Another thing skinny chicks miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment