Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A long weekend of gratitude.

So as part of me "finding myself" during this time I am at home, apparently I am meant to take 5 minutes at the end of each day to write down what I am grateful for. I think it is meant to help me appreciate what I have more. Or at least kill 5 minutes.

I tried it for the past few days while we were away for a long weekend with S’s family.

Friday
I am grateful that we got to Napier safely after a very long 6 hour drive.

I am also grateful that despite the empty light being on from when we left Taupo (1 ½ hrs to go), that we did not run out of petrol.

I am grateful that I can’t be blamed for booking the cold accommodation.

Or for the spring in the bed that keeps digging into S’s back.

Saturday
I am grateful that all 4 children under 3 are sleeping in the next room.

And that I am not the mother of those same children.

I am grateful that wine can be served from 11.30am during family reunion lunches.

I am grateful for older children who demand your full attention right at the time your least favourite SIL starts moving towards you.

I am grateful for chardonnay.

And also pinot noir.

And at 12.30am, even shiraz.

Sunday
I am grateful for paracetamol.

And hugely grateful for steak and cheese pies.

Monday
I am grateful for elastic in the waist of my track pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment