Thursday, July 16, 2009

The cost of bum cream.

There’s a risk that this following post may be TMI sorry. It’s about poo and bums so if that grosses you out then stop reading but I think most of you will keep reading because I think we all secretly (or if you’re like me, not so secretly), find poo funny.

But what hasn’t been funny is that since having a general anaesthetic following my recent miscarriage I’ve had trouble pooing. A lot of trouble. So much trouble that that my bum has been very sore. So sore that I had to go to the doctor yesterday to get it looked at.

(S offered several times to look at my bum for me but I think the sort of cream he’d suggest to put on it probably wouldn’t have helped much).

Anyway because it wasn’t humiliating enough for me having to get my toosh looked at, my doctor was away sick and I had to get a male doctor who I had never met before to look at it. I know that you might think ‘seen one bum, seen them all’, but I dunno, I don’t think you can ever get comfortable with looking at bums. Surely it makes even the most experienced doctors a little squeamish?

And how was I meant to look at him in the eye after he’d been looking at my brown eye?

By the way, have you heard that Elle McPherson bleaches hers? Well, I’m sure she pays someone to do it for her and doesn’t get out the janola herself but yeah, apparently she likes it white.

Imagine that for a job.”So what’d you do today love?” “Oh you know, bleached a supermodels arsehole”!

Anyhoo back to my sore bum. So the doctor said it was no big deal and wrote me a prescription for some cream to fix it. Now last week I took R and his mate to the movies and it cost $25.20 for two popcorns and two drinks and I was outraged! And I have just had my gas fire fixed and the appliance repair guy was here for 20 minutes and that cost $135 for the labour only! And don’t get me started on how much a block of cheese costs these days.

But this bum cream takes the cake....it cost $70! $70! Can you believe it?

What’s the world coming to when it costs $70 to stick something up your bum?

I don’t even think you’d pay that on the street would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment